How to Convert an Access 2.0 Database to Access 97/2000
From your Databases Guide
Many organizations maintain Access databases created with older software versions. Converting them to a current release is a snap!
- Open your current version of Microsoft Access.
- Select "Open" from the "File" pull-down menu.
- Browse your computer and locate the file you wish to convert and double-click on it.
- The Convert/Open Database wizard will appear. Select Convert Database.
- Click OK.
- Enter a NEW name for the converted database.
- The converted database will be opened. Congratulations!
- The converted database can not be opened in previous versions of Access. Keep this in mind if anyone in your organization still utilizes the old version.
- This procedure should work for most simple databases. If you have a more complex situtation, read the Microsoft Migration Guide referenced below.
What You Need:
More How To's from your Guide to Databases