The Northwind database contains some great sample tables, queries, reports and other database features. Here's how to install it in Microsoft Access 2010
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Open Microsoft Access 2010
- On the New tab (opened by default when you start Access), select Sample Templates under the Available Templates section.
- Click on Northwind.
- On the right side of the screen, provide a filename for your Northwind database in the File Name textbox.
- Click the Create button. Access will download the Northwind database from Microsoft and prepare your copy. This may take a few minutes.
- Your database will open automatically when it is ready.
What You Need
- Microsoft Access 2010
- Active Internet connection