Data types in the exact numeric category include:
- int variables store 4-byte whole numbers ranging from -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647.
- bigint variables store 8-byte whole numbers ranging from -9,223,372,036,854,775,808 to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807.
- smallint variables store 2-byte whole numbers ranging from -32,768 to 32,767.
- tinyint variables store 1-byte whole numbers ranging from 0 to 255.
- decimal and numeric variables are functionally equivalent and store numbers of fixed precision and scale. Precision indicates the maximum number of digits that may be stored (including those before and after the decimal point. Scale indicates the number that may be stored to the right of the decimal point.
- money variables store 8-byte currency values ranging from -922,337,203,685,477.5808 to 922,337,203,685,477.5807. They may reflect any currency type.
- smallmoney ] variables store 4-byte currency values ranging from -214,748.3648 to 214,748.3647. They may reflect any currency type.