The On Demand Execution Mode of SQL Server's Declarative Management Framework allows you to manually test whether a DMF target complies with a policy. This is a great way to test a policy-based management strategy prior to deploying an automated policy.
Time Required: 60 minutes
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and expand the Management folder.
- Expand the Policies folder.
- Find the policy you wish to test in the list of policies presented, right-click on it and select Evaluate from the pop-up menu.
- Review the results of the policy test. SQL Server uses green and red icons to help you easily identify targets that passed and failed the test, respectively.
- Review detailed results for failed targets by clicking on the View link to the right of the entry. You will see a list of specific conditions using the familiar green and red icons to identify which passed and failed for the selected target.
What You Need
- SQL Server 2008
- SQL Server Management Studio