Adobe Acrobat's PDF file format offers a great method of sharing data across the Internet while preserving formatting. It's simple to generate these files from an Access database. These instructions are specific to Access 2010. The site also offers instructions for those using Access 2003 or Access 2007.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Open Access 2010
- Open the database that you would like to export to a PDF file
- Open the form, report, table or query that you wish to turn into a PDF file.
- From the File menu, choose "Save & Publish"
- Under the File Types menu, select "Save Object As"
- Under the Database File Types menu, select "PDF or XPS"
- Click the "Save As" button
- Provide a name for your file in the "Publish as PDF or XPS" window
- Ensure that "PDF" is selected under "Save as type"
- Click Publish
- When the process completes, the file will open automatically in Adobe Reader. Verify that the file contents are what you expected.
What You Need
- Microsoft Access 2010
- Adobe Reader