The ACCDB database format introduced in Access 2007 provides a number of enhanced features over the older MDB format. In this article, we'll walk you through the process of converting an MDB format database to the new ACCDB format. If you are using Access 2010, the instructions are somewhat different: see Converting a Database to Access 2010 Format for more information.
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Open Microsoft Access 2007
- Click the Microsoft Office button. This button (shown in the image on this page) appears in the upper left corner of the Access 2007 window.
- Click Open.
- Select the database you'd like to convert and open it.
- Click the Microsoft Office button again.
- Point to Save As.
- Select Access 2007 Database from the section entitled "Save the database in another format".
- Enter an approrpiate filename in the dialog box.
- Click Save and your database will be saved in the new format.
What You Need
- Microsoft Access 2007
- Access database in older format