The ACCDB database format introduced in Access 2007 provides a number of enhanced features over the older MDB format. In this article, we'll walk you through the process of converting an MDB format database to the new ACCDB format in Access 2010. If you are using Access 2007, the instructions are somewhat different: see Converting a Database to Access 2007 Format for more information.
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Open Microsoft Access 2010
- On the File menu, click Open.
- Select the database you'd like to convert and open it.
- On the File menu, click Save & Publish.
- Select Access Database from the section entitled "Database File Types".
- Click the Save As button.
- Provide a file name when prompted and click Save.
What You Need
- Microsoft Access 2010
- Access database in older format