Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) offers a great method of sharing data across the Internet while preserving formatting. It's simple to generate these files from an Access database. These instructions are specific to Access 2007. The site also offers instructions for those using Access 2003 or earlier versions.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Download and install the Microsoft Office Save as PDF Plug-in. This plug-in requires a validated genuine copy of Microsoft Office.
- Open Access.
- Open the database of interest.
- Open the form, report, table or query that you wish to turn into a .PDF file.
- Press the Microsoft Office button, choose Save As and select the PDF or XPS option.
- When the "Publish as PDF or XPS" dialog box opens, enter a file name and location for your Acrobat file.
- Click Publish.
- Open the file using Acrobat Reader and ensure that the process completed successfully.
What You Need
- Microsoft Access 2007
- Save as PDF Plug-In
- Adobe Acrobat Reader