Report snapshots offer a portable format that can be used to view Access reports on systems that don't have Microsoft Access installed. It's available for most versions of Windows and allows you to share reports via e-mail, the web or automated processes.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Open the database containing the report that you'd like to export as a snapshot.
- From the database's menu, select the report that you'd like to share.
- Pull down the File menu and choose Export.
- Enter an appropriate filename for your report snapshot and enter it in the "File name" box.
- In the "Save as type" field, you should see the default value of "Microsoft Office Access." Click the arrow on the right side of the box and change the selection to "Snapshot format."
- Click the export button. Your report will now be saved as a snapshot.
- Distribute the snapshot file that you saved by including it in an e-mail (using a MAPI-compliant e-mail program such as Microsoft Outlook) or publishing it to a web page (using a web publishing tool such as Microsoft Front Page).
- You can download the Snapshot viewer directly from Microsoft.
What You Need
- Microsoft Access 2000 or later
- Microsoft Access Snapshot Viewer
- Database containing a report you'd like to share
- MAPI-enabled mail client (to share via e-mail)
- Web server (to share via the web)