Access 2007 introduces the tabbed document format found in other Microsoft Office products. In some cases, you may wish to hide these tabs to change the look and feel of your database or more closely simulate the appearance of older versions of Access. If you're using Access 2010, see Showing or Hiding Tabbed Documents in Access 2010
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Using Access 2007, open the database where you'd like to change the tabbed view settings.
- Click on the Microsoft Office button.
- Click the Access Options button that appears in the bottom portion of the menu frame that appears. (Note that it's not on the main list of menu items, but appears in the bottom frame next to the Exit Access button.)
- Click the Current Database menu item.
- If you want to hide document tabs, uncheck the "Display Document Tabs" checkbox. If you're using a database where someone hid the tabs and wish to make them reappear, check the "Display Document Tabs" box.
- The settings you make will apply to the current database only. You will need to change this setting manually for other databases.
- The settings will apply on all computers accessing the database file.
What You Need